Salford, Greater Manchester
£36,000 - £37,000 per Annum
£36,000 - £37,000 p/a | 37.5 Hour Contract – Days | Great Staff Benefits & Enhancements
A leading Manchester hospital is currently looking to recruit an experienced Adult Nurse/RGN with acute/surgical ward leadership experience to work as Charge Nurse/Ward Sister.
You will be joining a busy surgical ward which caters to predominantly elective surgical patients and will lead a skilled clinical team in the delivery of high quality post-operative care to patients.
Details of this RGN Surgical Ward Charge Nurse position and what the post-holder will receive are as follows:
- A permanent contract for 37.5 hours per week, working flexible day shifts
- An excellent annual salary in the region of £36,000 to £37,000 depending on experience, with enhancements paid where applicable
- A generous annual leave allowance which increases with service length
- Free on-site parking and a subsidised staff restaurant
- A range of training, development and career development opportunities
- Childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes
- Some great retail, leisure and lifestyle discounts
- Free uniforms
- A private pension scheme and life assurance
- Staff assistance and support programmes
- A range of programmes to support staff wellbeing, including company sick pay and private healthcare schemes
As Charge Nurse, you will take responsibility for coordinating the day to day running of the ward and ensuring high standards of nursing care and ensuring patient safety. You will also be responsible for clinical governance on the ward, and will focus on quality assurance and continuous improvement.
Applicants for this Surgical Ward Sister/Charge Nurse position should meet the following criteria:
- NMC Registered Adult Nurse/RGN/RN1/RNA
- Substantial experience in a surgical ward setting, with ward management experience
- Have completed a recognised mentorship qualification and qualified to teach and assess
- Able to undertake all aspects of clinical care planning and delivery to a high standard
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Knowledge and understanding of both CQC requirements and Clinical Governance
If you would like to apply now, please follow the link provided.
For further information, please call Jack Brown at SYK Recruitment now on 0121 651 1315.
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG/Access NI check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
SYK Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter and applications are welcome from anyone meeting the specified criteria regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation or any other personal circumstances.
By submitting an application, you are consenting to SYK Recruitment securely holding and processing your personal data and contacting you in relation to the services we provide. You retain the right to have your information deleted in line with current GDPR legislation.Apply Online
Register with us
Gain access to the latest sector jobs, receive job alerts and enter our Recommend a Friend scheme.Register
Upload your CV
You can securely and confidently upload your CV to SYK Recruitment via our online form.Upload CV
Request a Call Back
Please complete our callback form and one of the team at SYK Recruitment will get back to you.Call Me Back