Deputy Laboratory Manager
Up to £52,000 per Annum
Hospital, Non-nursing, Clinics
Up to £52,000 p/a | 37.5 Hours – Days | Private Fertility Clinic
A leading fertility and IVF clinic in the Maidenhead area currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Biomedical Scientist with a background in fertility to work as Deputy Laboratory Manager.
Details of this Deputy Laboratory Manager role and what the clinic is offering:
- A permanent contract to work 37.5 hours per week on day shifts, which will require some weekend and out of hours work, plus participation on the on-call rota
- A very competitive annual salary of up to £52,000 (Band 8 equivalent) depending on experience
- A great working environment with opportunities for professional development
- A group pension scheme with generous employer contributions
The role will involve participating in, coordinating and supervising the andrology and embryology services, ensuring all services comply with HFEA, CQC and ISO regulatory and licencing requirements. You will lead the department in the absence of the Lab Manager and will be responsible for coaching and mentoring junior colleagues, rota management, delivering effective clinical leadership and undertaking non-routine clinical decision-making.
What we are looking for:
- HCPC registered and HFEA ICSI licensed Clinical Scientist, having completed an undergraduate degree in Biomedical/Life Science in addition to post-grad studies relevant to this role including ACE Post Graduate Certificate/Diploma in Embryology or ESHRE Certificate
- You should have at least 4 years’ senior level experience in clinical embryology, including experience training junior embryologists and participating in research projects
- Good working knowledge of the HFEA code of practice
- You will be a Trophectoderm biopsy practitioner
- You should have strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills and will be able to communicate with patients effectively and empathetically throughout their fertility journey
- Ideally you will have experience with time-lapse incubation and use of prediction models, will have completed MSc/PhD level studies in Reproductive Science and/or a recognised management qualification
To apply now please follow the link provided.
For more information, please call Siobhan Wieremiej at SYK Recruitment now on 020 3963 0362.
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG/Access NI check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
SYK Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter and applications are welcome from anyone meeting the specified criteria regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation or any other personal circumstances.
By submitting an application, you are consenting to SYK Recruitment securely holding and processing your personal data and contacting you in relation to the services we provide. You retain the right to have your information deleted in line with current GDPR legislation.Apply Online
Register with us
Gain access to the latest sector jobs, receive job alerts and enter our Recommend a Friend scheme.Register
Upload your CV
You can securely and confidently upload your CV to SYK Recruitment via our online form.Upload CV
Request a Call Back
Please complete our callback form and one of the team at SYK Recruitment will get back to you.Call Me Back