First Assist Scrub Nurse or ODP
Southend on Sea, Essex
Up to £38,900 per Annum
Up to £38,900 p/a – Band 7 | 37.5 Hours – Days | Experience & SFA Essential
A leading Southend hospital currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Scrub Nurse or ODP with experience working as Surgical First Assistant to join their Operating Department.
Details of this Surgical First Assist RGN/ODP position and what the hospital is offering:
- A permanent contract of 37.5 hours per week, working flexible day shifts
- An excellent annual salary of up to £38,900 depending on experience
- Some excellent opportunities to professionally develop and progress your career within a leading healthcare organisation, with your own personal development programme
- A company pension plan, life assurance and private medical cover
- Discounted gym membership, health screening and employee wellness/health promotion programmes
- Some fantastic retail and lifestyle discounts, childcare vouchers, cycle to work schemes and transport season ticket loans
- Employee assistance programmes, staff recognition schemes
- A generous annual leave allowance plus Bank Holidays
As First Assist RGN/ODP, you will play a key role in leading shifts and ensuring a high quality, safe patient experience throughout the peri-operative/scrub phase of care.
You will be working with a diverse patient mix undertaking predominantly elective surgery in the following specialisms: orthopaedics and spinal, plastics, vascular, ENT, ophthalmic, gynaecology and urology.
The skills, qualifications and experience the hospital is looking for:
- NMC registered Adult Nurse/RGN or HCPC registered Theatre Practitioner/ODP
- Demonstrate proven experience working in a Scrub position undertaking a range of surgical specialisms
- Have completed a Surgical First Assist qualification, ideally in addition to BLS/ALS and an Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification, or willing to undertake these
- Have experience in a supervisory or leadership capacity in a theatre environment, and confident leading and supporting junior staff
- Demonstrate a commitment to clinical excellence and passionate about delivering the best possible service to patients
For more information or to apply now, please follow the link provided.
Alternatively, please call Siobhan Wieremiej at SYK Recruitment now on 020 3963 0362.
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG/Access NI check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
SYK Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter and applications are welcome from anyone meeting the specified criteria regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation or any other personal circumstances.
By submitting an application, you are consenting to SYK Recruitment securely holding and processing your personal data and contacting you in relation to the services we provide. You retain the right to have your information deleted in line with current GDPR legislation.
Register with us
Gain access to the latest sector jobs, receive job alerts and enter our Recommend a Friend scheme.Register
Upload your CV
You can securely and confidently upload your CV to SYK Recruitment via our online form.Upload CV
Request a Call Back
Please complete our callback form and one of the team at SYK Recruitment will get back to you.Call Me Back