First Assistant Scrub Nurse RGN/ODP
£34,000 - £38,500 per Annum
Band 6 Equivalent | 37.5 Hrs - Days | Great Benefits | L&D Opportunities
An experienced RGN or ODP with extensive scrub experience is required to work as Surgical First Assistant in a leading Colchester hospital.
The theatres team specialises in orthopaedics, cosmetics, ophthalmology and general surgery and you will predominantly work with elective surgical patients.
Details of the role and what the hospital is offering to the successful Surgical First Assistant Scrub Nurse/ODP:
- A permanent contract of 37.5 hours per week on flexible day shifts
- A competitive annual salary in the region of £34,000 to £38,500 depending on experience, which is equivalent to NHS Band 6/Band 7 rates of pay
- 33 days annual leave which increases with service length
- Free on-site parking and a subsidised staff restaurant
- A range of training, development and career development opportunities, including the opportunity to undertake a First Assist qualification if you have not already completed this
- Childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes
- Some great retail, leisure and lifestyle discounts
- Free uniforms
- A private pension scheme and life assurance
- Staff assistance and support programmes
- A range of programmes to support staff wellbeing, including company sick pay and private healthcare schemes
As Surgical First Assistant Scrub Nurse/ODP, you will deliver effective clinical leadership and line management to junior colleagues in the theatres team to ensure the highest standards of patient care and safety and will actively participate in the delivery of clinical care. The role will also involve playing a key role in service development and quality improvement, along with supporting the team in their professional development.
Applicants for this Surgical First Assistant Scrub Nurse/ODP should meet the following criteria:
- Registered with the NMC as an Adult Nurse/RGN or with the HCPC as a Theatre Practitioner/ODP
- Demonstrate proven experience in a scrub setting in a leadership role and confident leading staff and coordinating care
- Driven to provide the highest standards of patient care, safety and customer service
- Committed to continuous professional development, ideally having already completed Surgical First Assist & Mentorship qualifications or willing to undertake these
For further details, or to apply now, please follow the link provided.
Alternatively, please call Lee Hutchinson at SYK Recruitment now on 020 3963 0339.
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG/Access NI check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
SYK Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter and applications are welcome from anyone meeting the specified criteria regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation or any other personal circumstances.
By submitting an application, you are consenting to SYK Recruitment securely holding and processing your personal data and contacting you in relation to the services we provide. You retain the right to have your information deleted in line with current GDPR legislation.Apply Online
Register with us
Gain access to the latest sector jobs, receive job alerts and enter our Recommend a Friend scheme.Register
Upload your CV
You can securely and confidently upload your CV to SYK Recruitment via our online form.Upload CV
Request a Call Back
Please complete our callback form and one of the team at SYK Recruitment will get back to you.Call Me Back