Lead Consultant in Palliative Medicine
The City of Westminster
£117,000 per Hour
Up to £117K per annum, DoE | 37.5 Hours per Week | Day and Night Shifts | Great Staff Benefits
A leading London hospital is looking to hire a new Lead Consultant in Palliative Care to join their hospice team. The hospital provides a wide range of specialist palliative care and services to patients to make the end of their lives as comfortable as can be, you will be there for support and should be able to give this at all times when needed.
About the role and what the hospital is offering:
- A permanent full-time contract of 37.5 hours per week
- A very competitive annual salary of up to £117,000 depending on experience
- Day and night shifts
- 27 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Private Healthcare
- Employee recognition rewards
- Cycle to work loan scheme
As a Lead Consultant in Palliative Medicine, you will be working within a team of consultants, providing specialist palliative care, mainly to those in the hospice unit. You must take responsibility for all patients under your care and undertake all clinical duties associated with care of patients and the running of the clinical departments. You will also have to make sure you can work well in a team and provide clinical support to the wider disciplinary team. And you must ensure that comprehensive plans are made and recorded for each in patient prior to the weekend in both their clinical record and the handover sheet.
What you will need to have for the role:
- Applicants should be within 6 months of obtaining their CCT or be listed on the GMC Specialist Register for Palliative Medicine
- Have previous experience of managing a team
- Have previous experience in palliative care
- An empathetic and understanding individual
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work well in a team and be able to motivate and inspire others
- Good time management and organisational skills
For further details or to apply now, please follow the link provided.
Alternatively, please call Siobhan Dyson at SYK Recruitment on 020 3963 0362 for more information.
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG/Access NI check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
SYK Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter and applications are welcome from anyone meeting the specified criteria regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation or any other personal circumstances.
By submitting an application, you are consenting to SYK Recruitment securely holding and processing your personal data and contacting you in relation to the services we provide. You retain the right to have your information deleted in line with current GDPR legislation.Apply Online
Register with us
Gain access to the latest sector jobs, receive job alerts and enter our Recommend a Friend scheme.Register
Upload your CV
You can securely and confidently upload your CV to SYK Recruitment via our online form.Upload CV
Request a Call Back
Please complete our callback form and one of the team at SYK Recruitment will get back to you.Call Me Back