Psychiatrist and Responsible Clinician
£140,000 FTE per Annum
Hospital, Learning Disability, Mental Health, Doctor
£140,000 p/a FTE | 24 Hours – Days | Great Benefits | Experienced Psychiatrist Required
An experienced Psychiatrist who specialises in autism spectrum disorders and learning/intellectual disabilities is required to work as Responsible Clinician in a specialist Surrey mental health facility.
The facility provides long-term psychiatric rehabilitation for people living with acute psychiatric, psychological and mental health issues and can offer more specialist support for people struggling with independent living skills.
Details of this Responsible Clinician role and what the facility is offering:
- A permanent contract to work 24 hours per week, plus participation in the on-call rota
- The salary will be the pro-rata equivalent of £140,000
- Training, development and career progression opportunities within a large care organisation, where a supportive working environment is maintained, and personal development is actively encouraged
- Free meals whilst on duty, use of on-site gym facilities and a great benefits package
The role will involve working with consultants and clinical staff to deliver support and advice regarding clinical issues and ensuring clinical governance and regulatory requirements are met. As Responsible Clinician you will have continuing responsibility for the care of patients detained under the Mental Health Act 1983.
What we are looking for:
- GMC Registered Psychiatrist – have completed MB BS or equivalent, in addition to having Membership or Fellowship of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Have completed CCST in Intellectual Disability psychiatry or a recognised equivalent
- Demonstrate proven experience as a Consultant in Psychiatry of Intellectual Disability, ideally within an ASD and Personality Disorder setting, and you should have extensive knowledge and experience of mental illness
- Excellent communication, time management, interpersonal and leadership skills and able to work well as part of a strong and diverse MDT
For further details, or to apply now, please follow the link provided.
Alternatively, please call Lee Hutchinson at SYK Recruitment now on 020 3963 0339.
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG/Access NI check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
SYK Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter and applications are welcome from anyone meeting the specified criteria regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation or any other personal circumstances.
By submitting an application, you are consenting to SYK Recruitment securely holding and processing your personal data and contacting you in relation to the services we provide. You retain the right to have your information deleted in line with current GDPR legislation.Apply Online
Register with us
Gain access to the latest sector jobs, receive job alerts and enter our Recommend a Friend scheme.Register
Upload your CV
You can securely and confidently upload your CV to SYK Recruitment via our online form.Upload CV
Request a Call Back
Please complete our callback form and one of the team at SYK Recruitment will get back to you.Call Me Back