Support Worker - Substance Misuse
£13.50 per Hour
Non-nursing, Social Work, Support Worker
£13.50 per Hour | 36 or 48 Hour Shifts Available | Days or Nights | Private Client
My client is currently recruiting for a team of experienced support workers to provide person centred care and support to adults within Mental Health and Substance Misuse issues and within their own homes. You will be supporting adults in developing independent living skills and participating in a varied, active, and fulfilling lifestyle.
About the Support Worker role and what the client is offering:
- A permanent full-time contract to work either 36 or 40 hours per week
- Flexible shifts covering a 24/7 rota, with 8am-8pm or 8pm-8am/12 hour shifts in place
- Very competitive pay rates of £13.50 per hour plus paid breaks
- 28 days annual leave
In this role you will deliver care and support programmes, update care plans and will play a key role in the daily life of the client, providing companionship, care and support whilst using the Positive Behavioural Support Model and proactive strategies to support them in staying safe and maintain their wellbeing.
What we are looking for in a Support Worker:
- You will have previous experience in a care or support setting and should have experience and understanding of Positive Behavioural Support Models
- NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care is beneficial but not essential, and you should be willing to undertake this, and any additional studies and training required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and a friendly approach
- Patient, empathetic and willing to persevere to build positive working relationships with the client
For more information, or to apply now please follow the link provided.
Alternatively, please call Sarah Ibbotson at SYK Recruitment now on 020 3963 0361 or 07707 281657
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG/Access NI check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
SYK Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter and applications are welcome from anyone meeting the specified criteria regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation or any other personal circumstances.
By submitting an application, you are consenting to SYK Recruitment securely holding and processing your personal data and contacting you in relation to the services we provide. You retain the right to have your information deleted in line with current GDPR legislation.Apply Online
Register with us
Gain access to the latest sector jobs, receive job alerts and enter our Recommend a Friend scheme.Register
Upload your CV
You can securely and confidently upload your CV to SYK Recruitment via our online form.Upload CV
Request a Call Back
Please complete our callback form and one of the team at SYK Recruitment will get back to you.Call Me Back