Surgical Ward Sister/Charge Nurse RGN
£30,000 - £35,000 + Enhancements per Annum
37.5 Hour Contract | Great Benefits & L&D Prospects
An experienced Registered Nurse/RGN with a background in surgical ward nursing is required to join a leading Staffordshire hospital and work as Sister/Charge Nurse covering Elective Surgical Wards across 2 sites, which provide both inpatient and day case services.
The role does not require you to be a driver and you will work in block placements at one site and then the other, rather than travelling between sites whilst on duty.
What the hospital is offering the successful RGN Sister/Charge Nurse & details of the role:
- A competitive annual salary in the region of £30,000 to £35,000 depending on experience, plus enhancements where applicable
- A full-time, permanent contract of 37.5 hours per week with flexible shifts on an internal rotation
- A generous annual leave allowance which increases with service length
- Free on-site parking and a subsidised staff restaurant
- A range of training, development and career development opportunities, including support from a dedicated management academy who will support you to progress to more senior managerial roles
- Childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes
- Some great retail, leisure and lifestyle discounts
- Free uniforms
- A private pension scheme and life assurance
- Staff assistance and support programmes
- A range of programmes to support staff wellbeing, including company sick pay and private healthcare schemes
As RGN Ward Sister/Charge Nurse, you will deliver effective departmental management, ensuring excellent standards of clinical care and professionalism are maintained to a diverse mix of elective surgical patients. You will manage staff and resources alongside supporting and mentoring junior team members whilst managing a clinical caseload and providing high quality nursing care.
Applicants for this Sister/Charge Nurse position should meet the following criteria;
- Level 1 Adult Nurse/RGN with up to date NMC registration
- Experienced working in a hospital setting, with proven experience in an acute/medical/surgical ward environment, ideally within the private sector
- Experienced in staff management, recruitment and retention
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Good working knowledge of best practices of care and quality assurance and confident maintaining high infection control standards
For further details, or to apply now, please follow the link provided.
Alternatively, please call Siobhan Wieremiej at SYK Recruitment now on 020 3963 0362.
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG/Access NI check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
SYK Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter and applications are welcome from anyone meeting the specified criteria regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation or any other personal circumstances.
By submitting an application, you are consenting to SYK Recruitment securely holding and processing your personal data and contacting you in relation to the services we provide. You retain the right to have your information deleted in line with current GDPR legislation.Apply Online
Register with us
Gain access to the latest sector jobs, receive job alerts and enter our Recommend a Friend scheme.Register
Upload your CV
You can securely and confidently upload your CV to SYK Recruitment via our online form.Upload CV
Request a Call Back
Please complete our callback form and one of the team at SYK Recruitment will get back to you.Call Me Back