Theatre Practitioner / ODP
Doncaster, South Yorkshire
£28,000 to £35,000 per Annum
Hospital, Theatres, Clinics
£28K to £35K per annum (NHS Band 6) | 37.5 Hours | Days and Nights | Great Staff Benefits
A leading Doncaster hospital is looking to hire a Theatre Practitioner/ODP to join their theatre team. The hospital has invested in state-of-the-art technology to make all patients experiences the best possible. They offer a wide range of treatments including orthopaedic, cosmetic and endoscopy surgery.
About the Theatre Practitioner/ODP role and what the hospitals offering:
- A permanent full-time contract of 37.5 hours per week
- A competitive annual wage of between £28,000 and £35,000 depending on experience this is in line with NHS Band 6 rates of pay
- Day and Night shifts
- Company Pension
- Private healthcare and life assurance
- 25 days annual leave plus the opportunity to buy and sell more
- Enhancements on salary where eligible
- Career development
- Employee discount programme
- A supportive team and work environment
As a Theatre Recovery Practitioner/ODP you will be working as part of a friendly and supportive team. Your duties would include assisting patients who are undergoing a variety of different procedures some of which include ENT, Orthopaedic and Neurological. You will also be required to plan care for patients requiring perioperative intervention. You will assist the Charge Nurses and help deliver effective patient care by providing the appropriate clinical support.
What skills should the successful candidate have:
- An NMC registered adult nurse/RGN or Operating Department Practitioner
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently when required
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good clinical knowledge
- ALS qualification would be desirable, but it isn’t essential
- Empathetic and understanding
For further details, or to apply now, please follow the link provided.
Alternatively, please call Natalie Collis at SYK Recruitment now on 0121 6511315
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG/Access NI check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
SYK Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter and applications are welcome from anyone meeting the specified criteria regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, or any other personal circumstances.
By submitting an application, you are consenting to SYK Recruitment securely holding and processing your personal data and contacting you in relation to the services we provide. You retain the right to have your information deleted in line with current GDPR legislation.Apply Online
Register with us
Gain access to the latest sector jobs, receive job alerts and enter our Recommend a Friend scheme.Register
Upload your CV
You can securely and confidently upload your CV to SYK Recruitment via our online form.Upload CV
Request a Call Back
Please complete our callback form and one of the team at SYK Recruitment will get back to you.Call Me Back