Unit Nurse Manager
Openshaw, Greater Manchester
£18.60 per Hour
£18.60 p/h - Circa £40.6K/Band 6 Equivalent | 42 Hours – Days | Large Nursing Home
Experienced RGN/Adult Nurses with a background in elderly and dementia care are required to work as Clinical Unit Manager of a very large Greater Manchester nursing home.
The home has two Unit Manager vacancies, one to lead a dementia unit and the other to lead a general elderly nursing unit and details of these positions are as follows:
- A permanent contract to work 42 hours per week on flexible day shifts covering a 7 day rota, with 12 supernumerary hours per week
- Competitive hourly rates of £18.60, which is in line with NHS Band 6 rates and a salary in the region of £40,620
- A comprehensive induction plus excellent prospects including award winning training, development and career progression programmes
- A range of retail, leisure and travel discounts
- Free uniforms and DBS and a free Nursing Times subscription
- Support with NMC revalidation your NMC renewal fees paid
As Unit Nurse Manager, you will coordinate the planning and implementation of care within a small unit within in the home, along with managing and monitoring service delivery. You will lead and develop the care and nursing team, motivating the teams to deliver the best possible standards of care and quality of life.
What we are looking for:
- NMC Registered Adult Nurse/RGN/RN1/RNA
- Experienced in a leadership or managerial capacity in a UK nursing home setting with experience in elderly and/or dementia care
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of DoLS and MCA in addition to CQC essential standards and medication management requirements
- Able to effectively create and manage care plans and undertake clinical risk assessments
For further details, or to apply now, please follow the link provided.
Alternatively, please call Andy Ingham at SYK Recruitment now on 0161 5379 925.
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG/Access NI check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
SYK Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter and applications are welcome from anyone meeting the specified criteria regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation or any other personal circumstances.
By submitting an application, you are consenting to SYK Recruitment securely holding and processing your personal data and contacting you in relation to the services we provide. You retain the right to have your information deleted in line with current GDPR legislationApply Online
Register with us
Gain access to the latest sector jobs, receive job alerts and enter our Recommend a Friend scheme.Register
Upload your CV
You can securely and confidently upload your CV to SYK Recruitment via our online form.Upload CV
Request a Call Back
Please complete our callback form and one of the team at SYK Recruitment will get back to you.Call Me Back